Jennifer Boysko has always focused on public and community service. Upon graduating from Hollins College, in Roanoke, VA, Jennifer's first job was in the US Senate office of Richard Shelby from her home state of Alabama when he was a Democrat.
She covered federal legislative and regulatory issues for Bayless, Boland, Madigan and Barrett as the legislative assistant in the early 1990’s in Washington, DC. Policy issues: NAFTA, telecommunications deregulation, aviation, financial derivatives, Superfund, and alternative fuels.
Ms. Boysko took several years off to raise her two daughters as a stay-at-home mom and they moved to Herndon in 1996.
Jennifer spent her time volunteering in the community for a wide variety of groups and organizations. She has given her time and talent on every Democratic campaign since 2003 in the Herndon area, several statewide races in the Commonwealth of VA and at the national level, including serving as the State Director for Governor Howard Dean’s presidential campaign.
Since 2008, Jennifer has served as the Herndon aide to Dranesville Supervisor John Foust, representing him in the westernmost part of Dranesville District, encompassing a large portion of the 86th district.
She works with residents, community leaders, business owners and non-profit groups serving as liaison between the greater community and Fairfax County Government.
Jennifer is married to Glenn Boysko, a software engineer. Their two daughters are Hannah, college freshman and Sophie Claire, a tenth grader.
- Creating a Livable Community for All Ages in McLean
- Great Falls Seniors Committee
- Rt. 28 Working Group- Staff representative
- Dranesville APR Task Force- Staff representative
- Sugarland Run and Horsepen Creek Watershed WAG
- Herndon High School Synthetic Turf Committee
- Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Town of Herndon Interjurisdictional Transportation Staff -Level Working Group
- North County Human Services Team
- Safe Community Coalition
- Unified Prevention Coalition
- McLean After School Child Care Committee
- Council for the Arts of Herndon
- Herndon High School PTSA, Second Vice President and Parent Education Chair
- Herndon High School Sports Boosters
- Herndon Fortnightly Club, Vice President
- Eleventh District Democratic Committee
- Dranesville Democratic Committee, Precinct Ops Herndon area, Precinct Captain, Herndon #3
- Dulles Area Democrats- Founding Board Member
- Delegate, Region V, Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
Past community Involvement:
- Herndon High School Invitational Field Hockey Tournament Coordinator
- Hurricane Katrina Food Drive
- Jeannie Schmidt Free Health Clinic, volunteer
- Reston Interfaith ESOL teacher
- Radiant Child Yoga Teacher
- Brownie Leader
- Herndon Youth Optimist Bat-a-Thon Coordinator
- Herndon Youth Soccer, Assistant Coach
- Board of Trustees, Montessori Country School
- Stephens Minister, St Timothy's Episcopal Church